A handheld barcode scanner is a gun shaped scanner that can be held by the user like a gun. Such scanners are best suitable for retail stores, healthcare, warehouse and many other industries. If you are looking for quick installation, go for corded scanners and if you want to avoid cable clutter, you can opt for cordless scanners. They are designed in a way to be suitable for industrial and general environment both. You do not have to worry about the expense of these scanners, as they are available in all ranging from high end scanners to reasonable and pocket friendly scanners at Wish A POS. Hand held scanners are found in both 1D and 2D scanning capability. We deal in popular brands of hand held scanners, ranging from Datalogic, Honeywell, CipherLab to Star Barcode Scanner. You will find all the major categories of handheld scanners at our website. To name a few, CCD handheld scanners, Imager handheld scanners, laser handheld scanners, and omnidirectional handheld scanners.
Motorola DS4208 1D and 2D Imager Barcode ScannerFrom: $ 432
DATALOGIC GRYPHON™ GD-4400 2D Imager ScannerFrom: $ 476
Nexa NL-1800 USB Cordless Handheld Barcode Scanner$ 324 inc GST
CIPHERLAB 1562 Bluetooth and Wireless Laser Barcode ScannerFrom: $ 467
HONEYWELL Voyager 1450G 2D Imager$ 146 inc GST
Lets us now discuss a few pros of using handheld barcode scanners –
- Perfect for Scanning Bulky Items – It is a difficult task to pick up bulky items and lifting them up and down for scanning. A handheld barcode scanner enables you to safely track these bulky items.
- Ideal for Inventory – When you are indulged in maintaining the inventory for your warehouse, roaming around and scanning the products can be made easier with these lightweight and easy to take with you handheld barcode scanners.
- Affordable & Flexible – Handheld barcode scanners come in the picture when you do not want to spend a lot of money on a scanner and you are looking for a multi-use scanner. They are really inexpensive and are good to have on hand for a range of uses.
Cons of using handheld barcode scanners –
- Small Reading Area – Handheld scanners are not meant for scanning at distance. If you want to scan items that are far away or high up in your warehouse, these scanners will not work well. There are other scanners that work well in such a scenario.
- No Hands-Free – As the name suggests, handheld scanners are need to be held by hand. This allows only one hand to be free to use at all the times. This results in slow productivity.
Some of the best selling handheld barcode scanners on our website includes – Honeywell Voyager 1250g Handheld Laser Scanner, Honeywell Imager Voyager 1400G Black, Motorola CS3070 BT USB CABLE Handheld Barcode Scanner, Motorola LI4278 1D Barcode Scanner, Honeywell Imager 2D Voyager 1452G BT USB Kit Blk, Honeywell Granit 1910i Industrial Area Imager Scanner, Opticon OPI3301 2D Image Cordless Handheld Scanner, Opticon OPI-3201 2D Imager Handheld Scanner, Datalogic Quickscan QM2100 Handheld Scanner and Motorola DS4208 1D and 2D Imager Barcode Scanner. All our POS products are available for Australia wide delivery. You can call our scanner experts to find the best suitable handheld barcode scanner for your business type.